DATE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2023
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Bill 56 – Relating to a commercial property assessed financing program. (Establishing a commercial property assessed financing program for financing certain qualifying improvements.)
2. Resolution 23-237 – Authorizing the use of overt video monitoring in the City and County of Honolulu to prevent and deter general criminal activity and achieve the legitimate law enforcement objective and legitimate public purpose of ensuring a safe and secure 2023 Honolulu Marathon event.
3. Resolution 23-244 and Resolution 23-244, Proposed CD1 – Approving an application for a Plan Review Use (PRU) Permit for the update of the University of Hawai’i at Manoa campus master plan in Manoa, O’ahu.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. For direct access to submit oral testimony call: +1-253-215-8782,
enter ID 87599446796 and Passcode 040500.
2. To testify by videoconference visit:
https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon registration. Testifiers are encouraged to register/submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Although remote oral testimony is being permitted, this is a regular meeting and not a remote meeting by interactive conference technology under HRS Section 92-3.7. Therefore, the meeting will continue notwithstanding loss of audiovisual communication with remote testifiers or loss of the public broadcast of the meeting.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Oral testimony, both remote and in-person, will be allowed when each agenda item is taken up.
Written testimony may be uploaded at
https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English, contact the Office of the City Clerk Information Section at (808) 768-5822 between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible or at least three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting. Requests made as early as possible have a greater likelihood of being fulfilled.
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the monitor situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR