DATE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2023
PLACE: KAPOLEI HALE
CONFERENCE ROOMS A, B, AND C
1000 ULUOHIA STREET
KAPOLEI, HAWAI’I 96707
TIME: 10 A.M.
CHANGE IN MEETING LOCATION
Pursuant to Section 3-107(8) of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, notice is hereby given that the October 4, 2023 Regular Meeting/Public Hearing of the Council has been relocated from the Council Chamber, Honolulu Hale to Conference Rooms A, B, and C at Kapolei Hale located at 1000 Uluohia Street, Kapolei.
1. Resolution 23-218 – Confirming the appointment of Joseph Bock to serve on the Liquor Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 23-219 – Confirming the appointment of Kevin Sakamoto to serve on the Liquor Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 23-220 – Confirming the reappointment of Mr. Vince Otsuka to serve on the Board of Review III for Real Property Tax Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 23-221 – Confirming the reappointment of Ms. Kai Nani Kraut to serve on the Planning Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 23-223 – Confirming the appointment of Jeannine Souki to serve on the Police Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
6. Bill 47 – Relating to recycling. (Addressing curbside recycling, including the collection of manufactured compostable materials.)
7. Bill 50, CD1 – Relating to the transit-oriented development special district. [Expanding the transit-oriented development (“TOD”) special district to include one additional Honolulu Rail Transit Project station area and to incorporate land use standards and guidelines for that area based on the recommendations in the Halawa Area TOD Plan.]
8. Bill 51, CD1 – Relating to the rezoning of land situated at Halawa, O’ahu, Hawai’i. (Rezoning land from the A-1 Low-density Apartment, A-2 Medium- density Apartment, B-1 Neighborhood Business, B-2 Community Business, F-1 Military and federal Preservation, and R-5 Residential; to the A-1 Low- density Apartment, A-2 Medium-density Apartment, AMX-2 Medium-density Apartment Mixed-Use, AMX-3 High-density Apartment Mixed-Use, B-1 Neighborhood Business, B-2 Community Business, BMX-3 Community Business Mixed-Use, F-1 Military and federal Preservation, and P-2 General Preservation.)
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. For direct access to submit oral testimony call: +1-253-215-8782, enter ID 81804003459 and Passcode 279294.
2. To testify by videoconference visit:
https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon registration. Testifiers are encouraged to register/submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Although remote oral testimony is being permitted, this is a regular meeting and not a remote meeting by interactive conference technology under HRS Section 92-3.7. Therefore, the meeting will continue notwithstanding loss of audiovisual communication with remote testifiers or loss of the public broadcast of the meeting.
In-Person Testimony in the meeting room, Conference Rooms A, B and C at Kapolei Hale
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person in the meeting room. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Oral testimony, both remote and in-person, will be allowed when each agenda item is taken up.
Written testimony may be uploaded at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
15 copies are requested if written testimony is submitted on-site.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English, contact the Office of the City Clerk Information Section at (808) 768-5822 between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible or at least three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting. Requests made as early as possible have a greater likelihood of being fulfilled.
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings; and (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768–5822, charges may apply.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR