DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19, 2023
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 23-45 – Confirming the Mayor’s appointees to serve on the O’ahu Historic Preservation Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 23-46 – Confirming the reappointment of Mr. Dennis Morton to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 23-47 – Confirming the appointment of Ms. Sandra Larsen to serve on the Grants in Aid Advisory Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 23-48 – Confirming the appointment of Ms. Debbi Eleneki to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 23-49 – Confirming the appointment of Mr. Camron Hurt to serve on the Grants in Aid Advisory Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
6. Bill 31 (2022) – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the real property tax credit for certain homeowners.)
7. Bill 54 (2022) – Relating to bed and breakfast homes and transient vacation units. (Expanding the areas located within the A-1 low-density apartment zoning district and the A-2 medium-density apartment zoning district situated in close proximity to the Ko Olina Resort where bed and breakfast homes and transient vacation units are permitted.)
8. Bill 61 (2022) – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the classification of properties for property taxation purposes, particularly for properties used for residential purposes.)
9. Bill 2, CD1 – Relating to fees for use of municipal golf courses. (Amending the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 2021 relating to fees for a golf identification card.)
10. Bill 7, CD1 – Relating to admission fees for the Honolulu Zoo. (Amending the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 2021 relating to resident admission fees for the Honolulu Zoo.)
11. Bill 8, CD1 – Relating to affordable housing. (Promoting the development of affordable housing in the City and County of Honolulu.)
12. Bill 9 – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing real property tax compromises made by the Director of Budget and Fiscal Services that require City Council approval.)
13. Bill 10 – Relating to the Legislative Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
14. Bill 11, CD1 – Relating to the Executive Operating Budget and Program for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
15. Bill 12, CD1 – Relating to the Executive Capital Budget and Program for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
16. Bill 13 – Authorizing the issuance and sale of General Obligation Bonds and Bond Anticipation Notes of the City and County of Honolulu in a maximum principal amount equal to the aggregate of the amounts appropriated in the Capital Budget Ordinance of said City and County for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2024, and specified in said Ordinance to be financed from the proceeds of the sale of such bonds and to be expended from the General Improvement Bond Fund, the Highway Improvement Bond Fund, Solid Waste Improvement Bond Fund, or the Housing Development Special Fund.
17. Bill 14 – Relating to a one-time real property tax credit. (Alleviating the tax burden on homeowners from escalating real property valuations.)
18. Bill 16, CD1 – Relating to the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
19. Bill 17, CD1 – Relating to the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation Capital Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
20. Bill 20, CD1 – Relating to parking. (Addressing parking in the City and County of Honolulu, including the City’s restricted parking zone program.)
21. Resolution 23-33 – Determining the real property tax rates for the City and County of Honolulu for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
22. CR-98 – Recommendation on the review and evaluation of the Building Board of Appeals pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
23. CR-99 – Recommendation on the review and evaluation of the Board of Parks and Recreation pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Section 92-3.7, Hawai’i Revised Statutes, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the monitor situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. For direct access to submit oral testimony call: +1-253-215-8782, enter
ID 89340958968 and Passcode 217520.
2. To testify by videoconference visit: https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon registration. Testifiers are encouraged to register/submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Oral testimony will be allowed when each agenda item is taken up in the following order:
1. In-person testimony in the Council Chamber;
2. Remote testimony.
Written testimony may be uploaded at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English, contact the Office of the City Clerk Information Section at (808) 768-5822 between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible or at least three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting. Requests made as early as possible have a greater likelihood of being fulfilled.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR