DATE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2023
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 23-22 – Confirming the appointment of Ryan M. Tanaka to serve on the Salary Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Bill 37 (2022) – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the real property tax credit.)
3. Bill 38 (2022) – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the real property tax credit.)
4. Bill 40 (2022) – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the real property tax home exemption.)
5. Bill 56 (2022), CD1 – Relating to permits required. (Addressing exemptions from the requirement to obtain a building permit.)
6. Bill 3 – Relating to public sidewalks. (Expanding the commercial areas subject to the City’s current restrictions on persons sitting or lying on public sidewalks in Kapalama and to make non-substantive changes as needed.)
7. Bill 5 – Relating to reporting requirements. (Adding provisions to reporting requirements.)
The item listed below has been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the Committee on Public Safety; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the item proposed thereto.
8. CR-62 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Citizens Advisory Commission on Civil Defense pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Section 92-3.7, Hawai’i Revised Statutes, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the monitor situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. For direct access to submit oral testimony call: +1-253-215-8782, enter ID 82080749036 and Passcode 088322.
2. To testify by videoconference visit: https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon registration. Testifiers are encouraged to register/submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Oral testimony will be allowed when each agenda item is taken up in the following order:
1. In-person testimony in the Council Chamber;
2. Remote testimony.
Written testimony may be uploaded at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English, please call the Office of the City Clerk Information Section at (808) 768-5822 between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting. It may not be possible to fulfill requests received after this date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR