DATE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2023
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 23-17 – Confirming the appointment of Dr. Elizabeth Char to serve on the Police Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Bill 57 (2022), CD1 – Relating to the public carry of firearms. (Defining those sensitive locations within the City and County of Honolulu where the carrying of firearms is prohibited.)
3. Bill 1 – Relating to reporting requirements. (Directing the Office of Council Services to prepare a consolidated table of reporting requirements found in the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 2021, and to insert the table in the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 2021.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Act 220, Session Laws of Hawaii 2021, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings or olelo.org; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the monitor situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one-minute presentation on all other items.
1. For direct access to submit oral testimony call: +1-253-215-8782, enter
ID 89345556901 and Passcode 276234.
2. To testify by videoconference visit: https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon registration. Testifiers are encouraged to register/submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Oral testimony will be allowed when each agenda item is taken up in the following order:
1. In-person testimony in the Council Chamber;
2. Remote testimony.
Written testimony may be uploaded at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability or an interpreter for a language other than English, please call the Office of the City Clerk Information Section at (808) 768-5822 between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) business days before the scheduled meeting. It may not be possible to fulfill requests received after this date.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR