DATE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2022
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 22-244 – Confirming the Mayor’s appointees to serve on the Economic Revitalization Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Bill 52 – Relating to bullying of youth. (Preventing the bullying of youths in City programs and on City property; to prevent retaliation against persons who report, or participate in any investigation into a suspected incident of youth bullying; and to provide for the establishment of City policies and procedures for the handling of suspected incidents of the bullying of youths in City programs and on City property.)
3. Bill 53 – Relating to public transit. (Amending the island-wide fare structure, including paratransit fares.)
4. Resolution 22-234 – Authorizing the use of overt video monitoring in the City and County of Honolulu along the Honolulu Marathon route to prevent and deter general criminal activity and achieve the legitimate law enforcement objective and legitimate public purpose of ensuring a safe and secure 2022 Honolulu Marathon event.
The item listed below has been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the Committee on Parks and Community Services; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the item or any amendments proposed thereto.
5. Bill 48 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks and Community Services – Relating to commercial activities at public parks. (Addressing commercial activities at certain beach parks.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Act 220, Session Laws of Hawaii 2021, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings or olelo.org; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the monitor situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. For direct access to submit oral testimony call: +1-253-215-8782, enter
ID 87570568220 and Passcode 772765.
2. To testify by videoconference visit:
https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon registration. Testifiers are encouraged to register/submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Oral testimony, both remote and in-person, will be allowed.
Persons may choose to present their testimony either at the start of the agenda or when the item or items is/are taken up, but not both. Registered testifiers wishing to testify when an item is taken up should state their preference when their names are called during the testimony period at the start of the agenda.
Written testimony may be uploaded at
https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR