PUBLIC NOTICE – COUNTY OF HAWAI’I
Planning Dept. Applications Accepted Jul. 2022
In accordance with Section 25-2-3(g) Division 1, Article 2 of Chapter 25 (Zoning) of the Hawai’i County Code, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the following applications have been submitted.
WINDWARD/LEEWARD PLANNING COMMISSIONS
1. *Renegade Towers, LLC/Edward Lamar Britton III Trust (PL-USE-2022-004) To Establish a Telcom. Facility with 180-ft. Tall Monopole & Related Equipment within 4,108 sf. Portion of 14.622 ac. Parcel at 3331 Kaumana Dr., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-5-002:023.
2. *Maurice R. Thomas Trust & Jiranan Thomas Trust/Maurice R. Thomas Trust and Jiranan Thomas Trust (PL-SPP-2022-017) To Legitimize the Use of an Existing Warehouse & Office Facility for Warehousing, Distribution, & Administrative Operations Related to Retail & Service Activities in Orchidland Estates & Volcano Village on 1.045 acs. at 16-1695 34th Ave., Puna, TMK: 1-6-009:385.
3. *Kona Three, LLC/Kona Three, LLC (PL-REZ-2022-033) 10-year Time Extension to Comply with Condition I (Complete Construction of Phase I) & Amendment to Condition N (Roadway Dedication) to Change of Zone Ordinance No. 02-131 on 68.837 acs. at Queen Ka’ahumanu Hwy. Between Puapua’anui St. & Lako St., N. Kona, TMKs: 7-6-021:016 & 017.
ADDITIONAL FARM DWELLING AGREEMENT
1. *Mark Krzyzanowski, MK Planning/Jose Daniel Tolentino & Marylou Kealoha Tolentino (PL-AFD-2022-033) on 1 acs. at 74-1443 Hao Kuni St., N. Kona, TMK: 7-4-007:038.
2. *Edmund C. Olson/Edmund C. Olson Trust #2 (PL-AFD-2022-034) on 23.040 acs. at 2025 Maikalani St., (Lot 28), S. Hilo, TMK: 2-6-029:010.
1. *Benjamin Woo Architects/University of Hawai’i Community Colleges (PL-PLA-2021-077) Outdoor Multi-Use Space Phase 1 on 73 ac. at 73-4255 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., N. Kona, TMK: 7-3-010:042.
2. *Franklin Wong & Assoc., Ltd./State of Hawai’i DOE (PL-PLA-2022-125) Elementary School on 7.362 ac. at 121 Ha’aheo Rd., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-6-020:038.
3. *Brian Konishi/Brian Konishi (PL-PLA-2022-128) Warehouse, Office, Retail Spaces on 1.173 ac. at 73-5643 Kauhola St., N. Kona, TMK: 7-3-051:109.
1. *Gregory Wong/Kona Bali Kai (PL-SAA-2022-087) Repair 200-ft. Section of an Existing CRM Wall to Retain its Function as Both a Retaining Wall & a Seawall on 2.508 acs. at 76-6246 Ali’i Dr., N. Kona, TMK: 7-6-015:023.
2. *Ben Lee/Douglas P. Prevost & HFIP, LLC (PL-SAA-2022-088) Construction of a 1-Story, Single-Family Dwelling & Related Development on 1.3287 acs. at 68-1004 Ke Kailani Dr., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-8-036:002.
3. *Shane Kitchens/Lloyd W. & Julie A. Talbert Trust (PL-SAA-2022-089) As-built Alterations Beneath Existing Home Consisting of “Accessory-Use” Storage Space on 17,636 sf. at 75-6160 Ali’i Dr., N. Kona, TMK: 7-5-020:005.
4. *Napo’opo’o Road QPR Trust No. 1/Napo’opo’o Road QPR Trust No. 1 & Napo’opo’o Road QPR Trust No. 2 (PL-SAA-2022-090) Construction of an Additional Farm Dwelling & Related Development on 3.0 acs. at 82-5891 Lower Napo’opo’o Rd., S. Kona, TMK: 8-2-008:050.
5. *Jim Marquez/Christopher R. Somerville & Shauna Christine Somerville (PL-SAA-2022-091) Construction of a Single-Family Dwelling & Related Development on 28,385 sf. at 35-113 Lanikai Pl., N. Hilo, TMK: 3-5-008:024.
Maps/documents are on file & open for inspection during office hours 7:45am-4:30pm at the HI County Planning Dept, 101 Pauahi St, Ste 3, Hilo, or 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, Bldg E, 2nd Floor, Kailua-Kona.
By: ZENDO KERN, Planning Director
HI County is an Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer