DATE: WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2022
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 22-152 – Confirming the appointment of Ms. Kiana Otsuka to serve on the Climate Change Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 22-153 – Confirming the reappointment of Mr. David B. Monk to serve on the Ethics Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 22-154 – Confirming the appointment of Major General (Ret.) Darryll D.M. Wong to serve on the Citizens Advisory Commission on Civil Defense of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 22-155 – Confirming the appointment of Ms. Kai Nani Kraut to serve on the Planning Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 22-156 – Confirming the appointment of Mr. Kanekawaiola Lindsey to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
6. Resolution 22-157 – Confirming the appointment of Dreanalee K. Kalili to serve as Chair of the Rate Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
7. Bill 36 – To amend Chapter 28, Article 7, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu, 1990, as amended relating to the Department of Enterprise Services. (Amending the Rental Schedule Rates for the Neal S. Blaisdell Center and Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell to permit adjustments to rental rates and/or substitution of larger facilities to allow for required physical/social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as recommended and/or mandated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, State of Hawai’i, and other relevant organizations.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Act 220, Session Laws of Hawaii 2021, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with safe COVID-19 practices, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings or olelo.org; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the television situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Zoom video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon submission of testimony/registration. Zoom testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
2. To submit oral testimony by phone only, please contact the Council Information Section at (808) 768-5822 to register and obtain telephone access information.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons may also submit oral testimony in the Council Chamber.
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Members of the public entering the Council Chamber are requested to spread themselves out. If the Chamber becomes crowded, members of the public may be requested to wait outside the Chamber until called to testify.
All oral testimony, both remote and in-person, will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed, in the following order:
1. Remote testimony will be taken first and then closed;
2. In-person testimony in the Council Chamber will be taken second and then closed.
Written testimony may be uploaded via the internet at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR