DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2022
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 22-98 – Confirming the nomination of Kimberly M. Hashiro, to serve as the Director of the Department of Customer Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Bill 45 (2021) – Relating to incentives for businesses. (Providing incentives to businesses located within certain areas to create new jobs and generate economic benefits for the City.)
3. Bill 4, CD1 – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the taxation of real property, particularly real property used as a transient accommodation.)
4. Bill 22 – Relating to building benchmarking. (Establishing a better buildings benchmarking and reporting requirement for energy and water usage of covered properties within the City and County of Honolulu.)
5. Bill 24 – Relating to automated external defibrillators. (Promoting public health, safety and welfare by enhancing access to automated external defibrillators.)
6. Resolution 22-29 – Initiating amendments to the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973 (Amended 2017 Edition), as amended, relating to the Police Commission and its membership.
7. Resolution 22-46 – Initiating amendments to the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973 (Amended 2017 Edition), as amended, to establish an Office of Legislative Counsel within the Legislative Branch.
8. Resolution 22-79, CD1 – Initiating amendments to the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973 (Amended 2017 Edition), as amended, relating to City funds.
9. CR-114 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Honolulu Rate Commission Pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
The item listed below has been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the Committee on Zoning and Planning; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the item or any amendments proposed thereto.
10. Resolution 22-62 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Approving an application for a Plan Review Use Permit for the redevelopment of the Queen’s Medical Center (QMC) – Honolulu.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Act 220, Session Laws of Hawaii 2021, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with safe COVID-19 practices, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING
The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings or olelo.org; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the television situated outside the Council Chamber. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Zoom video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon submission of testimony/registration. Zoom testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
2. To submit oral testimony by phone only, please contact the Council Information Section at (808) 768-5822 to register and obtain telephone access information.
In-Person Testimony in the Council Chamber
Persons may also submit oral testimony in the Council Chamber.
Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person outside the Council Chamber. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
Members of the public entering the Council Chamber are requested to spread themselves out. If the Chamber becomes crowded, members of the public may be requested to wait outside the Chamber until called to testify.
All oral testimony, both remote and in-person, will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed, in the following order:
1. Remote testimony will be taken first and then closed;
2. In-person testimony in the Council Chamber will be taken second and then closed.
Written testimony may be uploaded via the internet at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR