DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2022
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
PUBLIC MEETING LOCATION: CITY COUNCIL MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM,
ROOM 205, HONOLULU HALE
1. Bill 11 – Pili i ka Mahina ‘Olelo Hawai’i. (English Translation) Relating to Mahina ‘Olelo Hawai’i. [Designating the month of February as “Mahina ‘Olelo Hawai’i” (Hawaiian Language Month) to celebrate and encourage the use of the Hawaiian language.]
2. Bill 13 – Relating to the Legislative Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
3. Bill 14, CD1 – Relating to the Executive Operating Budget and Program for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
4. Bill 15, CD1 – Relating to the Executive Capital Budget and Program for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
5. Bill 16 – Authorizing the issuance and sale of General Obligation Bonds and Bond Anticipation Notes of the City and County of Honolulu in a maximum principal amount equal to the aggregate of the amounts appropriated in the Capital Budget Ordinance of said City and County for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2023, and specified in said Ordinance to be financed from the proceeds of the sale of such bonds and to be expended from the General Improvement Bond Fund, the Highway Improvement Bond Fund, Solid Waste Improvement Bond Fund, or the Housing Development Special Fund.
6. Bill 18 – Relating to the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
7. Bill 19, CD1 – Relating to the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation Capital Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
8. Resolution 22-45 – Determining the Real Property Tax Rates for the City and County of Honolulu for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Tax Rate Per $1,000
Class Net Taxable Real Property Value
(A) Residential $ 3.50
(B) Hotel and Resort 13.90
(C) Commercial 12.40
(D) Industrial 12.40
(E) Agricultural 5.70
(F) Preservation 5.70
(G) Public Service 0.00
(H) Vacant Agricultural 8.50
(I) Residential A
Tier 1: 4.50
Tier 2: 10.50
(J) Bed and breakfast home 6.50
The foregoing schedule of rates is for consideration at the public hearing. The final tax rates may be higher or lower than the rates reflected above.
Advance notice is given that the Council may adopt the Resolution fixing the real property rates for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 at a meeting to be held on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 in the Council Chamber, Honolulu Hale.
9. CR-62 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Climate Change Commission pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Act 220, Session Laws of Hawaii 2021, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with safe COVID-19 practices, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the Council Chamber, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings or olelo.org; (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54; and (3) on the television situated in the City Council Multi-Purpose Room, Room 205 on the second floor of Honolulu Hale, where in-person testimony will also be accepted. Viewers who experience a loss of viewing signal should try switching to another viewing option.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
1. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
2. A one minute presentation on all other items.
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Zoom video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony. Videoconference access information will be provided upon submission of testimony/registration. Zoom testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
2. To submit oral testimony by phone only, please contact the Council Information Section at (808) 768-5822 to register and obtain telephone access information.
In-Person Testimony at Public Meeting Location (City Council Multi-Purpose Room)
Persons may also submit oral testimony via the Zoom video conferencing platform from the City Council Multi-Purpose Room, Room 205 on the second floor of Honolulu Hale. Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. by filling out the registration form in person at the City Council Multi-Purpose Room. Persons who have not registered will be given an opportunity to speak following the oral testimonies of the registered speakers.
All oral testimony, both remote and in-person, will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
Written testimony may be uploaded via the internet at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony, or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR