DATE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2022
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the action to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
1. Bill 47 (2021) – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks and Community Services – Relating to public parks. (Addressing the enforcement of park laws and rules.)
2. Bill 8 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – Relating to administrative enforcement of certain codes. (Addressing the administrative enforcement of certain codes in the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990.)
3. CR-46 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Zoning Board of Appeals pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to Act 220, Session Laws of Hawaii 2021, and Governor David Ige’s Emergency Proclamation Related to COVID-19 (Omicron Variant), issued on
January 26, 2022, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with safe practices, this meeting will be conducted as a remote meeting by interactive conference technology, with the following procedures in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings or olelo.org and (2) by televised live broadcast on ‘Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at https://www.honolulucitycouncil.org/meetings. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (808) 768-5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Zoom video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit www.zoom.us, click “Join,” enter ID 96078709981, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Zoom testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. To audio conference on the day of the meeting call +1-253-21-8782, enter ID 96078709981 and Passcode 692704.
3. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing and New Business items; and
b. A one minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to (808) 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html or mailed to Office of the City Clerk, Attention: Information Section, 530 South King Street, Room 100, Honolulu, HI 96813. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address, and phone number, will be available to the public at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call (808) 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR