Notice of Funding Availability
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM
The City and County of Honolulu Department of Community Services, through its Department of Budget and Fiscal Services, is soliciting proposals from private nonprofit agencies to make use of up to $790,000.00 in Fiscal Year 2023 (“FY23”) Community Development Block Grant (“CDBG”) funds for public service or economic development projects. To qualify for consideration, a public service must be a new service or a quantifiable increase in the level of a service. Only applications requesting at least $100,000.00 will be considered. Applicants must submit a proposal requesting $100,000.00 through $200,000.00, and they may elect to include a supplemental budget for up to an additional $100,000.00, to be awarded upon funding availability.
In order to be eligible for CDBG funding, a project must, at a minimum:
1. Take place in and benefit the people of the City and County of Honolulu;
2. Be undertaken by an eligible applicant, as described in the Notice of Funding Availability (“NOFA”);
3. Be an Eligible Activity under 24 CFR § 570.201(e) or Special Economic Development Activity under 24 CFR § 570.203;
4. Meet the National Objective under 24 CFR §§ 570.208(a)(1)(i), (a)(2), or ( a)(4); and
5. Be willing and able to comply with all applicable CDBG and City program rules and regulations.
All grants by the City to private organizations under this NOFA, and any permissible subgrants by awardees to private organizations, are subject to Chapter 6, Article 29 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended.
Interested agencies may download NOFA CDBG2023PS&ED online at https://hands.ehawaii.gov/hands under “Bidding Opportunities.”
Applications must be submitted to the Office of the Division of Purchasing, Department of Budget and Fiscal Services, 530 South King Street, Room 115, City Hall, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 by the date and time as stated in the NOFA packet, as amended.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RICK BLANGIARDI, MAYOR
City and County of Honolulu
ANTON C. KRUCKY, DIRECTOR
Department of Community Services