DATE: WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2021
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
1. Resolution 21-149 – Confirming the appointment of Ann Botticelli to serve on the Police Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 21-150 – Confirming the appointment of David Matlin to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Bill 26, CD1 – Relating to fees. (Exempting centenarian residents of the City from certain fees.)
4. Bill 27 – Relating to special management area use permits. (Requiring an applicant for a special management area use permit to present the proposed project to the applicable neighborhood board or appropriate community association prior to submitting an application to the Department of Planning and Permitting.)
5. Resolution 21-127 and Resolution 21-127, Proposed CD1 – Approving an application for a major modification to the Plan Review Use (PRU) Permit No. 2009/PRU-3 and revisions to the Master Plan to expand the boundaries of the University of Hawaii Manoa (UHM) campus and construct the Atherton Mixed- Use Student Housing Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center.
6. CR-198 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Planning Commission pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
The item listed below has been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the Committee on Public Infrastructure and Technology; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the item or any amendments proposed thereto.
7. Bill 2 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Infrastructure and Technology – Relating to the public works infrastructure requirements including fees and services relating to public sewers. (Amending Articles 1 and 5 of Chapter 14, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended, to comply with required modifications to the pretreatment program.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Twenty-First Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on June 7, 2021, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and (2) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 146 407 2259, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one-minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, email address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Council or Committee meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR