NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Forestry and Wildlife, is authorized to manage and regulate public lands set apart as forest reserves as detailed in Chapter 183, Hawaii Revised Statues (HRS). Pursuant to Sections 183-12 and 183-13, HRS, DLNR hereby provides notice of public hearing for five proposed changes affecting the area of government forest reserve lands on Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Oahu, and Kauai:
1. Addition of Tax Map Key (1) 6-3-001:002 comprising approximately 3,716.00 acres to the Pupukea-Paumalu Forest Reserve, Waimea, Koolauloa, Oahu.
2. Addition of Tax Map Keys (2) 2-3-005:002 & 014 comprising approximately 3433.7495 acres to the Forest Reserve System, Kamehamenui, Kula, Makawao, Maui.
3. Addition of Tax Map Keys (2) 5-6-005:001, 5-6-006:002; 5-6-007:068 & 070 comprising approximately 733.932 acres to the Molokai Forest Reserve, Puaahala, Molokai.
4. Addition of Tax Map Keys (3) 2-4-008:004 & 017 comprising approximately 216.837 acres to the Upper Waiakea Forest Reserve, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii.
5. Withdrawal of Tax Map Key (4) 2-4-009: portion of 003 comprising approximately 2.752 acres from the Lihue-Koloa Forest Reserve, Kalaheo, Wahiawa, Koloa, Kauai.
DLNR will hold a public hearing to discuss the proposed Forest Reserve System changes. The virtual meeting will be streamed live online. To watch, simply visit the following link at 6:00pm on April 28, 2021: www.youtube.com/channel/ UCCmbChq0SDC4zjjU0bUcKDQ. To provide live testimony, please contact Andy Cullison at email@example.com at least 24 hours before the hearing to receive a zoom link.
All interested persons are urged to attend the public hearing to present relevant information and individual opinion for the DLNR to consider. Persons unable to attend or wishing to present additional comments may mail written testimony postmarked no later than May 6, 2021 to Division of Forestry and Wildlife Attn: Forestry Program Manager, 1151 Punchbowl St., #325, Honolulu, HI 96813, or by email to the address mentioned above.
Any person requesting an auxiliary aid or service (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) is asked to contact Andy Cullison at (808) 436-8122 or through the Telecommunication Relay Service at 711 ten days prior to the hearing.