CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED to submit written testimony before the Salary Commission on Friday, March 19, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. in the City Council Chamber, Third Floor, Honolulu Hale, regarding proposed no increase to the salaries
and salary schedules of the following elected and appointed officials, effective
July 1, 2021:
1. Mayor: No increase;
2. Councilmembers: No increase;
3. Prosecuting Attorney: No increase;
4. First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney: No increase;
5. Managing Director: No increase;
6. Corporation Counsel: No increase;
7. Deputy Managing Director: No increase;
8. Department Heads (except as provided above and Band Director): No increase;
9. Deputy Department Heads (except Deputy Medical Examiner): No increase;
10. Deputy Medical Examiner: No increase;
11. Band Director: No increase;
12. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the corporation counsel: No increase to the minimum and maximum, and
13. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the prosecuting attorney: No increase to minimum and maximum.
Pursuant to Section 3-122 of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, the Salary Commission is charged with the responsibility of annually establishing the salaries for elected and appointed officials, and salary schedules for deputies of the corporation counsel and prosecuting attorney, in accordance with the principles of adequate compensation for work performed, and preservation of a sensible relationship with the salaries of other city employees.
The purpose of this hearing is to allow the public to comment on the proposed no salary increase, as required by Section 3-122 of the Charter. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, no in person testimony is allowed. Written testimony may be submitted by mail addressed to Mr. Brian Tamamoto, Chair, Salary Commission; Honolulu Hale, 530 South King Street, Room 207, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live participation is allowed through the Webex system. To submit oral testimony, persons should visit www.webex.com, click "Join," enter meeting number 187 294 1454, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Event passwords are b6NMUDijE55 (26668345 from phones). Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
Any disabled person requiring an accommodation to submit written testimony may call 768-3863 at least three (3) working days prior to the public hearing or by emailing email@example.com.
Brian Tamamoto, Chair