DATE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2021
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
1. Resolution 21-35 – Confirming the nomination of J. Roger Morton to serve as the Director of Transportation Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Bill 97 (2020) – Relating to abandoned vehicles. (Clarifying that trailers, including boat trailers, which are abandoned on a public street or highway are vehicles that are subject to towing and storage.)
3. Bill 99 (2020) – Relating to automated external defibrillators. (Promoting public health, safety, and welfare by enhancing access to automated external defibrillators.)
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
4. Bill 88 (2020) – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – To adopt the revised East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan for the City and County of Honolulu. (Repealing the existing Sustainable Communities Plan for East Honolulu, Chapter 24, Article 4, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu, and adopting a new Article 4 incorporating the revised East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan.)
5. Bill 93 (2020) – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks and Community Services – Relating to Department of Parks and Recreation permits. (Requiring gender equity for certain sports activities requiring a park use permit issued by the Department of Parks and Recreation.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Seventeenth Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on December 16, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish id=92; and (2) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 146 360 1127, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, email address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at www.honolulucitycouncil.com by clicking on the link for each item on the online agenda for the meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR