DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Adoption of Title 13, Chapter 1, City and County of Honolulu Administrative Rules,
“Rules of Practice and Procedure”
Notice is hereby given of proposed rulemaking and public hearing by the Department of Environmental Services, City and County of Honolulu, to consider amendments to Title 13, Chapter 1, of the City and County of Honolulu Administrative Rules governing the Rules of Practice and Procedure, Department of Environmental Services.
The Department of Environmental Services proposes amendments to Title 13, Chapter 1, including changes to the following:
1. Sections 13-1-1, 13-1-2, 13-1-22 and 13-1-23 are amended to update the applicability of the rules to include the administration and enforcement of chapter 41, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu.
2. Sections 13-1-15, 13-1-16 and 13-1-30 are amended to refer to subchapters of Title 13, Chapter 1 of the rules, instead of articles.
3. Section 13-1-33 is amended to make a technical and nonsubstantive amendment.
4. Section 13-1-38 is amended to correct a reference to section 13-1-34 of the rules.
5. Subchapter 5, consisting of Sections 13-1-46 to 13-1-52, is added to establish procedures for exemption from the restrictions on polystyrene foam food ware, disposable plastic service ware and disposable plastic food ware, including the following new sections:
13-1-48 Applicability of subchapter 1
13-1-49 Application for exemption
13-1-50 Decision on application
13-1-51 Withdrawal of request
13-1-52 Application to renew exemption
A virtual public hearing will be held January 15, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. Individuals need to register for the Webex at https://bit.ly/3mLedjp; Meeting No. 1462619024; Meeting Password: 1111; or to join by telephone at 1-408-418-9388, with the same meeting information above.
Individuals unable to attend the virtual hearing or who wish to present additional comments may mail written testimony to the Department of Environmental Services, Office of the Director, 1000 Uluohia Street, Suite 308, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707, by January 14, 2021.
Individuals may physically review the current rules and proposed rules starting tomorrow and ending five days before the day of the public hearing, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), during the hours of 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Department of Environmental Services, 1000 Uluohia Street, Suite 308, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707.
A copy of the proposed rules shall be mailed to any person who submits a written request to the above address and pays the required fee of $6.00 for the cost of duplicating the documents and postage. A complete set of the current rules and proposed rules are available, free of charge, on the Department’s website: http://envhonolulu.org/.
LORI KAHIKINA, Director
Department of Environmental Services