DATE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2020
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
1. Resolution 20-318 – Confirming the appointment of Mr. Vince Otsuka to serve on the Board of Review III for Real Property Tax Appeals of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 20-319 – Confirming the reappointment of Carrie Okinaga to serve on the Police Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 20-320 – Relating to the appointment of Na’alehu Anthony to serve on the Board of Water Supply of the City and County of Honolulu,
4. Bill 32 (2019), CD1 – Relating to restricted parking zones. (Permanently establishing a Kalihi Valley Restricted Parking Zone to improve the resident on-street parking availability in Kalihi Valley.)
5. Bill 31, CD1 – Relating to real property taxation. (Providing real property tax relief with respect to certain real property.)
6. Bill 79, CD1 – To adopt the revised Koolau Loa Sustainable Communities Plan. (Repealing the existing Sustainable Communities Plan for Koolau Loa, Article 7, Chapter 24, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, and adopting a new Article 7 incorporating the revised Koolau Loa Sustainable Communities Plan.)
7. Bill 82, CD1 – Relating to reporting requirements for inspections of City-owned streams. (Requiring the Director and Chief Engineer of the Department of Facility Maintenance to periodically post on a website maintained by that department a written report on the status of the inspection of each City-owned stream.)
8. Bill 83 – Relating to sustainability. (Allowing the public to cultivate edible plants in City owned rights-of-way.)
9. Bill 84, CD1 – Relating to fire safety. (Amending the Fire Code of the City and County of Honolulu to further address fire safety in high-rise buildings.)
10. Bill 85 – Relating to abandoned vehicles. (Establishing certain provisions relating to the abandonment of vehicles including the denial of vehicle registration and a driver’s license to any person who has abandoned a vehicle on a public street or highway.)
11. Bill 86 – Relating to motor vehicles. (Ensuring the proper transfer and registration of motor vehicles in the City.)
12. Bill 87 – Relating to public transit. (Amending Chapter 13, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, to amend the fare for paratransit services.)
13. Bill 89 – Relating to public transit. (Amending Chapter 2 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990 to introduce the City payment card as a means to pay fares, fees, and charges for the transportation services, and Chapter 13 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990 to amend the fare structure for the City transit system.)
Bill 89, Proposed FD1 – Amends Bill 89 by incorporating a new reduced fare available to eligible individuals with extremely low incomes.
14. Bill 92 – Relating to commercial activities at Waimanalo Bay Beach Park. (Restricting commercial activities at Waimanalo Bay Beach Park.)
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council’s Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
15. Bill 90 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing – Relating to building permits. (Addressing the processing of building permit applications.)
16. Resolution 20-315 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing – Approving a conceptual plan for an Interim Planned Development-Transit (IPD-T) project for the Ala Moana Plaza Development Project. (Applicant: Brookfield Properties)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Sixteenth Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on November 23, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish id=92; and (2) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex internet platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 1469903404, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, email address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at www.honolulucitycouncil.com by clicking on the link for each item on the online agenda for the meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ANN H. KOBAYASHI, CHAIR