REGULAR MEETING/PUBLIC HEARING
DATE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2020
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
CHANGE IN MEETING LOCATION
Pursuant to Section 3-107(8) of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, notice is hereby given that the October 7, 2020 Regular Meeting/Public Hearing of the Council has been relocated from Kapolei Hale to Honolulu Hale.
1. Resolution 20-240 – Relating to the reappointment of Bryan P. Andaya to serve on the Board of Water Supply of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 20-241 – Confirming the reappointment of Dr. Charles Fletcher, III to serve on the Climate Change Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Bill 17 – Relating to real property taxation. (Addressing the real property tax exemption for homes of totally disabled veterans.)
4. Bill 47, CD1 – Relating to crosswalks. (Establishing requirements concerning the City Administration’s provision or offer to provide a presentation to the affected neighborhood board prior to the removal or relocation of an established, marked crosswalk.)
5. CR-232 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Grants in Aid Advisory Commission pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council’s Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
6. Bill 58 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing – Relating to clean energy projects. (Developing expedited permitting procedures for consumer clean energy projects in order to support rapid consumer adoption of clean energy solutions while continuing to protect the health and safety of Honolulu’s residents.)
7. Resolution 20-174 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing – Approving a conceptual plan for an Interim Planned Development-Transit Project for the KCR Development Condominium and Commercial Project.
8. Resolution 20-231 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning, Planning and Housing – Approving and authorizing the Mayor or the Mayor’s designee to enter into a development agreement between the City and County of Honolulu and Savio/Hawaii Habitat Varona Village LLC, for the revitalization of Varona Village, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, TMK (1)9-1-017-113.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Thirteenth Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on September 22, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish id=92; and (2) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex internet platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 1462811748, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, email address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at www.honolulucitycouncil.com by clicking on the link for each item on the online agenda for the meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ANN H. KOBAYASHI, CHAIR