DATE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2020
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
1. Bill 69 (2018), CD1 – Relating to real property taxation. (Creating a real property tax classification for vacant residential properties.)
2. Bill 15 – Relating to fiscal notes. (Addressing the provision of information, including fiscal notes, by the City Administration to Councilmembers.)
3. Bill 33 – Relating to public parks. (Amending the fee for attendant and custodian services.)
4. Bill 48, CD1 – Relating to permits required. (Updating exemptions from the requirements to obtain a building permit, by increasing the threshold from which repairs to existing buildings are exempted, amending the exemption for satellite antennas to comply with the Telecommunications Act of 1996, amending the exempted depth of an ornamental pond to the national standard, adding additional exemptions, and making other amendments that are editorial and nontechnical.)
5. Bill 50 – Relating to short-term rentals. (Delaying the effective date of Sections 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 17, and certain provisions in Sections 9 and 13 of Ordinance 19-18.)
6. Bill 51 – Relating to group living facilities. (Amending the Land Use Ordinance relating to group living facilities.)
7. Bill 52, CD1 – Relating to the Department of Enterprise Services. (Amending the Rental Schedule Rates for the Neal S. Blaisdell Center and Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell to permit adjustments to rental rates and/or substitution of larger facilities to allow for required physical/social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as recommended and/or mandated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, State of Hawaii, and other relevant organizations.)
8. Bill 54, CD1 – Relating to County tax credit. (Updating and amending the eligibility requirements regarding the verification of income documents needed to approve the application of the real property tax credit to certain homeowners.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Ninth Supplemental Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on June 10, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Except as provided below for persons wishing to present in-person oral testimony, members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) on monitors situated outside of the meeting room; (2) by internet
live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish id=92; and (3) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
Members of the public gathered outside the meeting room shall comply with the Safe Practices and Social Distancing Requirements set forth, respectively, in Governor Ige’s Ninth Supplementary Proclamation dated June 10, 2020, and Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s Emergency Order No. 2020-17 dated June 30, 2020, as amended by Emergency Order Nos. 2020-18 and 2020-19.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. In-person testifiers will not be allowed into the meeting room until it is their turn to testify. Testifiers may follow the meeting on a video monitor outside the meeting room. When a testifier’s name is called, the testifier may enter the meeting room to provide oral testimony and must leave immediately thereafter.
2. Persons testifying at the Council Chambers are requested to register by
10 a.m. as follows:
a. On-Line at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html;
b. By faxing to 768-3826 your name, phone number, and subject matter; or
c. By calling 768-3814.
In-person registration is not available.
Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to speak on an item following oral testimonies of the registered speakers. They must wait in line outside the meeting room until the next testifier is called, and they must leave immediately after presenting their testimony.
3. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 1465040456, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Remote testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony on all agenda items will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
4. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one-minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are available for public inspection in the hallway bookshelf next to the Council Information and Records Section’s service window at Room 202 in Honolulu Hale (530 S. King St.). The materials in the board packet also are accessible at www.honolulucitycouncil.com by clicking on the link for each item on the online agenda for the meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
IKAIKA ANDERSON, CHAIR