REGULAR MEETING/PUBLIC HEARING
DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 6, 2020
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
CHANGE IN MEETING LOCATION
Pursuant to Section 3-107(8) of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, notice is hereby given that the May 6, 2020 Regular Meeting/Public Hearing of the Council has been relocated from Kapolei Hale to Honolulu Hale.
1. Resolution 20-58 – Confirming the appointment of Nicholas Teves to serve on the Fire Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Bill 13, CD1 – Relating to public sidewalks. (Expanding the commercial areas subject to the City’s current restrictions on persons sitting or lying on public sidewalks.)
3. Bill 40 – Relating to community workforce agreements. (Amending the provisions of Ordinance 19-24, relating to community workforce agreements.)
4. Resolution 19-323, CD1 – Initiating amendments to the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973 (2017 Edition), as amended, relating to the attorneys in the Office of Council Services.
5. Resolution 19-329 – Initiating amendments to the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973 (2017 Edition), as amended, relating to the creation of a Youth Commission.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Supplemental Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on March 16, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Except as provided below for persons wishing to present oral testimony, members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) on monitors situated outside of the meeting room; (2) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.
php?publish id=92; and (3) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
Members of the public gathered outside the meeting room shall comply with the Social Distancing Requirements set forth in Governor David Ige’s Third Supplementary Proclamation dated March 23, 2020, and Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s Emergency Order No. 2020-02 dated March 22, 2020.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Testifiers will not be allowed into the meeting room until it is their turn to testify. Testifiers may follow the meeting on a video monitor outside the meeting room. When a testifier’s name is called, the testifier may enter the meeting room to provide oral testimony and must leave immediately thereafter.
2. Persons wishing to testify are requested to register by 10 a.m. as follows:
a. On-Line at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html;
b. By faxing to 768-3826 your name, phone number, and subject matter; or
c. By calling 768-3814.
In-person registration is not available.
Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to speak on an item following oral testimonies of the registered speakers. They must wait in line outside the meeting room until the next testifier is called, and they must leave immediately after presenting their testimony.
3. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one-minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are available for public inspection in the hallway bookshelf next to the Council Information and Records Section’s service window at Room 202 in Honolulu Hale (530 S. King St.).
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
IKAIKA ANDERSON, CHAIR