THE LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LIQUOR CONTROL
COUNTY OF MAUI
ANNOUNCES THE RECRUITMENT FOR
DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LIQUOR CONTROL
$139,133 Per Annum
The Director of the Department of Liquor Control is responsible for and shall:
– Be the administrative head of the Department of Liquor Control
– Investigate violations of the liquor control laws of the State and of rules established by the Liquor Control Commission
– Investigate applications for liquor licenses
– Have such other powers and duties as may be assigned by the Mayor or as may be provided by law.
– Citizen of the United States and resident of the State of Hawaii for at least one year preceding the appointment
– Five years experience in law enforcement, at least three of which shall have been in an administrative capacity
Application packets are available at the Department of Liquor Control Office, 2145 Kaohu Street, Room 105, Wailuku, Hawaii 96793. Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For further information, call Director’s private secretary at (808) 243-7754.
All applications shall be submitted in person or by certified mail, together with the required documents, and must be received by the Liquor Control Commission through its Department of Liquor Control NO LATER THAN 4:30 p.m., May 8, 2020. Electronic/e-mail submittals will not be considered.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The County of Maui does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, arrest and court record, assignment of child support, national guard participation or any other basis covered by state or federal laws governing
Pre-Employment/Post Offer Drug Screening Test: Applicants must pass a
pre-employment/post offer drug screening test as a condition of employment.
There is no retesting or re-evaluation process.
Cost for the drug screening test shall be borne by the County of Maui.
(SA1274106 3/27, 4/3/20)