CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED to submit written testimony before the Salary Commission on Friday, April 3, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. in the City Council Chamber, Third Floor, Honolulu Hale, regarding proposed increases to the salaries and salary schedules of the following elected and appointed officials, effective July 1, 2020:
1. Mayor: 3% increase;
2. Councilmembers: 3% increase;
3. Prosecuting Attorney: No increase;
4. First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney: 3% increase;
5. Managing Director: 3% increase;
6. Corporation Counsel: No increase;
7. Deputy Managing Director: 3% increase;
8. Department Heads (except as provided above and Band Director): 3% increase;
9. Deputy Department Heads (except Deputy Medical Examiner): 3% increase;
10. Deputy Medical Examiner: First, an 8.049% increase to base salary; then, a 3% increase;
11. Band Director: No increase;
12. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the corporation counsel: 3% increase to minimum and maximum; and
13. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the prosecuting attorney: 3% increase to minimum and maximum.
Pursuant to Section 3-122 of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, the Salary Commission is charged with the responsibility of annually establishing the salaries for elected and appointed officials, and salary schedules for deputies of the corporation counsel and prosecuting attorney, in accordance with the principles of adequate compensation for work performed, and preservation of a sensible relationship with the salaries of other city employees.
The purpose of this hearing is to allow the public to comment on the proposed salary increases, as required by Section 3-122 of the Charter. All testimony shall be submitted in written form. Written testimony may be submitted by mail addressed to Mr. Kevin Sakamoto, Chair, Salary Commission; Honolulu Hale, 530 South King Street, Room 207, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813, by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 768-1370.
Any disabled person requiring an accommodation to submit written testimony may call 768-3863 at least three (3) working days prior to the public hearing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Sakamoto, Chair