NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & TOURISM
PROPOSED REPEAL AND ADOPTION OF ADMINISTRATIVE RULES RELATING TO COMMUNITY-BASED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT LOAN AND GRANTS PROGRAM
Notice is hereby given that the Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism (DBEDT), pursuant to chapter 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, will hold a public hearing as follows:
December 13, 2019 10:00 a.m.
250 South Hotel Street, Room 436
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
The purpose of the public hearing is to receive testimony related to the repeal of chapter 15 116, Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR), entitled Community-Based Development Loan Program and chapter 15-126, HAR, entitled Community-Based Development Grants Program, and adoption of new consolidated chapter 15-120, HAR, entitled Community-Based Economic Development Loan and Grants Program.
The sections of the proposed chapter are summarized below:
1. §15-120-1 Purpose—to implement the community-based development program
2. §15-120-2 Definitions—pertinent to this chapter
3. §15-120-3 Community-based economic development council—reviews requests for financial assistance
4. §15-120-4 Revolving fund—moneys in the fund are used to provide financial assistance
5. §15-120-5 Purpose of grants—including what grant funds may be used for
6. §15-120-6 Grant eligibility requirements—grant applicant requirements
7. §15-120-7 Conditions for grants—terms and conditions with which grant applicants must comply
8. §15-120-8 Purpose of loans—including what loans may be used for
9. §15-120-9 Loan eligibility requirements—loan applicant requirements
10. §15-120-10 Loan application procedure—including what loan applicants may be required to provide with their application
11. §15-120-11 Conditions for loans—terms and conditions of loans
12. §15-120-12 Inspection of premises and records for loans—State’s right to inspect loan applicant’s premises and records
13. §15-120-13 Loan default—State’s rights in event of loan default
A copy of the rules to be repealed and adopted may be reviewed in person from 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Monday to Friday, from November 13, 2019 to December 12, 2019, at: Business Support Branch, DBEDT, 250 South Hotel Street, Room 502, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813.
A copy of the rules may also be obtained at the above address by paying a fee for photocopying, or mailed upon receipt of a fee for photocopying and postage, by calling (808) 587-2757. The rules may also be accessed at: http://dbedt.hawaii.gov/ overview/administrative-rules/
All interested persons may attend the public hearing and submit comments orally or in writing. Written testimony may be submitted prior to the hearing via mail to: Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, Business Support Branch, P.O. Box 2359, Honolulu, HI 96804, or via fax: (808) 586-2589, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word “testimony” and the subject matter. Persons requiring special accommodations at the hearing may call (808) 587-2757 at least 5 working days prior to the hearing.
(SA1245070 11/13, 11/14, 11/15, 11/18, 11/19/19)