DATE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2019
PLACE: KAPOLEI HALE
CONFERENCE ROOMS A, B, AND C
1000 ULUOHIA STREET
KAPOLEI, HAWAII 96707
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Bill 24, CD1 – Relating to construction inspections. (Helping expedite the construction of buildings and other structures by allowing for special assignment inspections.)
2. Bill 35 – Relating to intergovernmental and private grant agreements. (Making certain changes to the requirements for Council approval of intergovernmental agreements and private grant agreements.)
3. Bill 37 – Relating to community workforce agreements. (Requiring the City to negotiate a Community Workforce Agreement for larger public works projects in order to achieve and promote efficient, high-quality construction, improve City services, and ensure a steady local supply of labor on proprietary construction projects, as well as train the next generation of construction workers for future public works projects.)
4. Bill 38, CD1 – Relating to loading zones and bus stops. (Establishing a supplemental permit to allow parking in loading zones and bus stops located within the boundary of a Transportation Management Special Improvement District, and to update certain provisions, including those relatingto fees, for permits to park in loading zones and official bus stops.)
5. Resolution 19-139 and Resolution 19-139, CD1 – Approving an application for a Plan Review Use Permit for the expansion of the Women’s Community Correctional Center in Kailua.
6. CR-218 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Ethics Board of Appeals pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
Prior to the Day of the Meeting
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday,
August 6, 2019, using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826, or by calling 768-3814.
On-site on the Day of the Meeting
Registration on-site for the above-mentioned public hearing items will be from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Each speaker shall not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to a three minute presentation.
WRITTEN TESTIMONY – Prior to the Day of the Meeting
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. 15 copies are requested if written testimony is submitted on-site.
If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. Refer to “SPEAKER REGISTRATION” procedures above.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call
768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
IKAIKA ANDERSON, CHAIR