CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED to comment before the Salary Commission on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. in the Council Committee Meeting Room, Second Floor, Honolulu Hale, regarding proposed increases to the salaries and salary schedules of the following elected and appointed officials, effective July 1, 2019:
1. Mayor: 3.5% increase;
2. Councilmembers: 3.5% increase;
3. Prosecuting Attorney: 3.5% increase;
4. First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney: 3.5% increase;
5. Managing Director: 3.5% increase;
6. Deputy Managing Director: 3.5% increase;
7. Department Heads: 3.5% increase;
8. Deputy Department Heads (except Deputy Medical Examiner): 3.5% increase;
9. Deputy Medical Examiner: 13.85% increase;
10. Band Director: 3.5% increase;
11. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the corporation counsel: 3.5% increase to minimum and maximum; and
12. Schedule of salaries of deputies of the prosecuting attorney: 3.5% increase to minimum and maximum.
Pursuant to Section 3-122 of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu, the Salary Commission is charged with the responsibility of annually establishing the salaries for elected and appointed officials, and salary schedules for deputies of the corporation counsel and prosecuting attorney, in accordance with the principles of adequate compensation for work performed, and preservation of a sensible relationship with the salaries of other city employees.
The purpose of this hearing is to allow the public to comment on the proposed salary increases, as required by Section 3-122 of the Charter. Those wishing to testify may sign up on-site the day of the hearing. Oral testimony shall be limited to three (3) minutes per testifier. Written testimony may be submitted by mail addressed to Mr. Kevin Sakamoto, Chair, Salary Commission; Honolulu Hale, 530 South King Street, Room 207, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813, by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 768-1370.
Any disabled person requiring an accommodation may call 768-3871 at least three (3) working days prior to the public hearing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Sakamoto, Chair