DATE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2018
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 18-250 – Relating to the appointment of Deborah Pope to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 18-251 – Relating to the appointment of Vincent A. Hazen to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 18-252 – Relating to the appointment of Kim Yoshimoto serve on the Grants In Aid Advisory Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
4. Bill 74 – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to penalties. (Establishing certain provisions, including a set fine, for a person who has abandoned a vehicle on a public street or highway.)
5. Bill 77 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Relating to public transit. (Updating and establishing certain fares and user subsidies for the City bus system and for special transit services.)
6. Bill 78 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – Relating to shoreline setbacks. (Addressing the repair of shoreline protection structures that are located within the shoreline setback.)
7. Bill 79 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – Relating to detached dwellings. (Addressing the problem of the illegal use of large residential structures in residential districts.)
8. Bill 80 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Housing – Amending Chapter 21, Revised Ordinances of Honolulu, 1990, (The Land Use Ordinance) as amended, relating to detached dwellings. (Addressing the adverse impacts of large detached dwellings in residential districts.)
9. Bill 82 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Budget – Establishing a real property tax incentive program for the development of homeless solutions. (Establishing a real property tax incentive program to promote the development of homeless solutions.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only.
Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills, Resolutions and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR