DATE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2018
PLACE: KAPOLEI HALE
CONFERENCE ROOMS A, B, AND C
1000 ULUOHIA STREET
KAPOLEI, HAWAII 96707
TIME: 10 A.M.
1. Resolution 18-202 – Confirming the reappointment of Dr. Glenn Medeiros to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 18-203 – Confirming the reappointment of Anthony J. Silva, Jr. to serve on the Commission on Culture and the Arts of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 18-204 – Confirming the reappointment of Mr. Arthur B. Tolentino to serve on the Planning Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Bill 30, CD1 – Relating to the acquisition of real property for City facilities and purposes. [Increasing the City and County of Honolulu’s inventory of land that can be used for City facilities and purposes through the implementation of a review process that considers whether to acquire the remaining portion(s) of real property being partially condemned by the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation along the route of the Honolulu High-Capacity Transit Corridor Project.]
5. Bill 63, CD1 – Relating to real property taxation. (Encouraging the construction of accessory dwelling units to increase the number of affordable rental units through the provision of a real property tax exemption for the construction of such units.)
6. Bill 68 – Relating to City streams. (Ensuring the regular inspection and maintenance of streams owned by the City and County of Honolulu.)
7. Bill 70 – Relating to restricted parking zones. (Establishing a restricted parking zone program to ease parking congestion in residential neighborhoods, particularly those near major traffic generators like hospitals and universities, while balancing the needs of all people to be able to use public streets.)
8. Bill 71 – Relating to exceptions for building permits. (Amending the allowable exceptions to the requirement for building permits.)
9. Bill 72 – Relating to fire safety. (Clarifying the intent of Ordinance 18-14 and addressing implementation issues relating to fire safety measures and assessments enacted by that ordinance for the protection of persons and property in existing high-rise residential buildings.)
10. CR-312 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Neighborhood Commission.
Prior to the Day of the Meeting
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 2, 2018, using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826, or by calling 768-3814.
On-site on the Day of the Meeting
Registration on-site for the above-mentioned public hearing items will be from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Each speaker shall not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to a three minute presentation.
WRITTEN TESTIMONY – Prior to the Day of the Meeting
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. 15 copies are requested if written testimony is submitted on-site.
If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, may be posted by the City Clerk and available to the public on the City’s DocuShare website. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. Refer to “SPEAKER REGISTRATION” procedures above.
Copies of the items listed in this notice are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call
768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
ERNEST Y. MARTIN, CHAIR