NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, by its chairperson, of public hearings to be conducted by the Neighborhood Commission of the City and County of Honolulu, pursuant to Section 91-3 and 92-41, Hawaii Revised Statutes, and Sections 4-105.4, 13-106 and 14-104, of the Revised Charter of the City and County of Honolulu 1973 (2000 Edition), as amended, for the purpose of receiving public testimony on a proposal to amend the 2008 Neighborhood Plan as follows:
1) 2-11-103 – Makes electronic messaging the primary method of receiving notice of meetings whenever possible.
2) 2-11-110 – Technical amendment to include the recently revised editions of the Neighborhood Plan.
3) 2-11-203 – Clarifies the Commission may direct the Executive Secretary to assemble a conference of chairs at any time or location.
4) 2-14-102 – Extends the terms of board members from two (2) years to four (4) years; allows a one (1) term four (4)-year extension; states that if Neighborhood Board elections are run in tandem with the State General Elections, the Neighborhood Commission shall determine the term start date.
5) 2-14-111 – Makes electronic messaging the primary method of receiving notice of meetings whenever possible.
6) 2-14-120 – Removal of “the treasurer” as a necessary board officer.
7) 2-14-124 – Allows the chair to create committees; clarifies committees are dissolved at the end of each board term.
8) 2-15-108 – Explains that whenever a board’s composition is changed the effects take place the following board term.
9) 2-18-101 – Inserts language to address withdrawal of complaints.
10) 2-18-101 – Clarifies the process of dismissing complaints.
11) 2-18-103 – Technical amendment to include complaints filed by the public 2-18-101(a)(4).
12) 2-18-103 – Technical amendment to clarify the timing for file objections to a hearing’s officer report.
13) 2-20-101 – Technical amendment to update the Period Comprehensive Review date to July 31, 2028.
14) 2-20-102 – Clarifies the process for the Commission to respond to petitions for adoptions, amendment, or repeal of rules.
CONCURRENT NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD AND STATE ELECTION BASED AMENDMENTS
15) 2-12-102 – Addressing “legal resident aliens” as they are unable to vote in State/Federal elections.
16) 2-17-202 – Technical date amendments to address possible concurrent elections.
17) 2-17-204 – Technical date amendments to address possible concurrent elections.
18) 2-17-302 – Technical date amendments to address possible concurrent elections.
19) 2-17-309 – Technical date amendments to address possible concurrent elections.
The time and dates of the hearings are:
April 28, 2018 (Saturday), 10:00 am-11:00 am
Mission Memorial Hearing room (ground floor) –
550 South King Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
April 28, 2018 (Saturday), 10:00 am -11:00 am
Kapolei Hale – Conference Room A
1000 Uluohia Street
Kapolei, HI 96707
April 28, 2018 (Saturday), 10:00 am-11:00 am
Hau’ula Community Center
54-010 Kukuna Road
Hauula, HI 96717
All interested persons shall be afforded the opportunity of being heard. Any interested person desiring to be heard or to submit information, data, views or arguments on the proposed amendments at the public hearing is requested to register at the public hearing site beginning thirty (30) minutes prior to the starting time of the public hearing, as specified above, and is encouraged to submit twelve (12) copies of their testimony or statements in writing at the same time. All speakers will be limited to a three (3) minute presentation.
Anyone unable to attend the public hearing may file a written statement addressed to: Testimony, Attention Chairperson, Neighborhood Commission, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817. Written statements must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2018.
Any disabled person requiring accommodations at these hearings may call the Neighborhood Commission Office at 768-3710 for details at least 72 hours prior to the hearing.
A copy of the proposed rule amendments will be mailed to any interested person who requests a copy, pays the required fees for the copy and the postage, if any. Requests must be in writing and may be sent to Neighborhood Commission Office, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817.
The proposed rule amendment may be reviewed in person at the Neighborhood Commission Office, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Mondays thru Fridays between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Should the Commission accept the amendments, it will become effective as provided for by law.
By: Tyler Dos Santos-Tam