DATE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2018
PLACE: CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10 A.M.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council Standing Committees on March 20 – 22, 2017; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on each of the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
1. Bill 108 (2017) and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure and Sustainability – Relating to the environment. (Protecting the environment by reducing litter and the improper disposal of waste and refuse in the City, and Oahu’s land-based contributions to marine debris, by adopting a comprehensive program to systematically and measurably reduce litter through prevention, enhanced enforcement, clean up and increased public awareness.)
2. Bill 2 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Parks, Community and Customer Services – Relating to public parks. (Addressing commercial activities at certain City beach parks.)
3. Bill 6 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Health, Safety and Economic Development – Relating to public nuisances. (Regulating nuisances on public sidewalks.)
4. Bill 7 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Health, Safety and Economic Development – Relating to the Traffic Code and public safety. (Prohibiting motor vehicle drifting and drift racing on public roadways in the City and County of Honolulu.)
5. Bill 8 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Transportation – Relating to buses. (Setting pollution control requirements for certain City buses.)
6. Bill 10 and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Public Works, Infrastructure and Sustainability – Relating to private streets and roads. (Clarifying which private streets and roads may be maintained by the City.)
Persons wishing to speak are requested to register by 10 a.m. using the On-Line Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html, or by sending a fax indicating your desire to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter to 768-3826 or by calling 768-3814. Testimony is limited to three minutes and shall be presented by the registered speaker only.
Written testimonies may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html. By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. You are requested to register to speak if you wish to provide oral testimony.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Copies of the Bills and any amendments thereto are available at the City Clerk’s Office, Room 203, Honolulu Hale or on-line at
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
RON MENOR, CHAIR