DATE: WEDNESDAY, JULY 8, 2020
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
1. Resolution 20-146 – Confirming the appointment of Michael Broderick to serve on the Police Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 20-147 – Confirming the appointment of Douglas Chin to serve on the Police Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Bill 39, CD1 – Relating to public parks. (Regulating the use of unmanned aircraft systems in City parks.)
4. Bill 42, CD1 – Relating to building permit applications. (Requiring applicants for building permits for residential structures to attest that the construction complies with all restrictive covenants for the land on which the proposed work is to be done.)
5. Bill 44, CD1 – Relating to Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve. (Increasing the entrance fee for nonresidents and vehicle parking fee and to establish an entrance fee for licensed motor carriers entering the Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Ninth Supplemental Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on June 10, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Except as provided below for persons wishing to present in-person oral testimony, members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) on monitors situated outside of the meeting room; (2) by internet
live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish id=92; and (3) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
Members of the public gathered outside the meeting room shall comply with the Safe Practices and Social Distancing Requirements set forth in Governor Ige’s Ninth Supplementary Proclamation dated June 10, 2020, and Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s Emergency Order No. 2020-14 dated May 28, 2020.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. In-person testifiers will not be allowed into the meeting room until it is their turn to testify. Testifiers may follow the meeting on a video monitor outside the meeting room. When a testifier’s name is called, the testifier may enter the meeting room to provide oral testimony and must leave immediately thereafter.
2. Persons testifying at the Council Chambers are requested to register by
10 a.m. as follows:
a. On-Line at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html;
b. By faxing to 768-3826 your name, phone number, and subject matter; or
c. By calling 768-3814.
In-person registration is not available.
Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to speak on an item following oral testimonies of the registered speakers. They must wait in line outside the meeting room until the next testifier is called, and they must leave immediately after presenting their testimony.
3. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 1464730871, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Remote testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony on all agenda items will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
4. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one-minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are available for public inspection in the hallway bookshelf next to the Council Information and Records Section’s service window at Room 202 in Honolulu Hale (530 S. King St.). The materials in the board packet also are accessible at www.honolulucitycouncil.com by clicking on the link for each item on the online agenda for the meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
IKAIKA ANDERSON, CHAIR