DATE: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2021
PLACE: HONOLULU HALE
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME: 10:00 AM
1. Resolution 21-1 – Confirming the nomination of Michael D. Formby to serve as the Managing Director of the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Resolution 21-2 – Confirming the nomination of Wesley T. Yokoyama to serve as the Director of the Department of Environmental Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
3. Resolution 21-3 – Confirming the nomination of Jerome A. Pupillo to serve as the Director of Enterprise Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
4. Resolution 21-4 – Confirming the nomination of Alexander I. Kozlov to serve as the Director of Design and Construction of the City and County of Honolulu.
5. Resolution 21-5 – Confirming the nomination of Sarah-Jane Allen to serve as the Director of Community Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
6. Resolution 21-8 – Confirming the nomination of Masahiko Kobayashi, M.D., to serve as the Medical Examiner of the City and County of Honolulu.
7. Resolution 21-9 – Confirming the nomination of Scott K. Hayashi to serve as the Director of Land Management of the City and County of Honolulu.
8. Resolution 21-10 – Confirming the nomination of Mark D. Wong to serve as the Director of Information Technology of the City and County of Honolulu.
9. Resolution 21-11 – Confirming the nomination of Roger W. Babcock, Jr., to serve as the Chief Engineer of the City and County of Honolulu.
10. Resolution 21-12 – Confirming the nomination of Clarke L. K. Bright to serve as the Band Director of the Royal Hawaiian Band of the City and County of Honolulu.
11. Resolution 21-13 – Confirming the nomination of Lloyd M. Yonenaka to serve as the Executive Secretary to the Neighborhood Commission of the City and County of Honolulu.
12. Resolution 21-14 – Confirming the nomination of Laura H. Thielen to serve as the Director of Parks and Recreation of the City and County of Honolulu.
13. Resolution 21-20 – Confirming the nomination of Andrew T. Kawano to serve as the Director of Budget and Fiscal Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
14. Resolution 21-21 – Confirming the nomination of Nola N. Miyasaki to serve as the Director of Customer Services of the City and County of Honolulu.
15. Resolution 21-22 – Confirming the nomination of Dean Y. Uchida to serve as the Director of Planning and Permitting of the City and County of Honolulu.
The items listed below have been published in anticipation of the actions to be taken by the City Council Standing Committee; and therefore, the City Council may or may not take action on the items or any amendments proposed thereto.
16. Bill 95 (2020) – and any amendments proposed thereto by the Committee on Zoning and Planning – To rezone land situated at Wailupe, Oahu, Hawaii. (Rezoning from the R-7.5 Residential District to the P-2 General Preservation District) (Applicant: City and County of Honolulu)
17. CR-12 – Recommendations on the review and evaluation of the Oahu Historic Preservation Commission pursuant to Ordinance 17-44.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Seventeenth Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on December 16, 2020, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and http://olelo.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish id=92; and (2) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768 5822, charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 1466685657, and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. Each speaker may not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
a. A three-minute presentation on Public Hearing, New Business, and Sunshined items; and
b. A one minute presentation on all other items.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3826 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, email address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call 768-3814 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at www.honolulucitycouncil.com by clicking on the link for each item on the online agenda for the meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities, please call 768-3814 or send an email to email@example.com at least three working days prior to the meeting.
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
TOMMY WATERS, CHAIR