- HAWAl’I PAROLING AUTHORITY
- MEMBER, HAWAl’I PAROLING AUTHORITY
- TEMP PART-TIME
- Qualification: In accordance with the Hawai’i Revised Statutes (HRS) §353-61 & §353-63, applicants must be qualified to make decisions that will be compatible with the welfare of the community and of individual offenders, including the background and ability for appraisal of offenders and the circumstances which offenses were committed.
- Preferred Experience: Criminal Justice System (Federal, State, City and/or Counties), judicial process, social work, corrections, probation, parole work.
- Terms of Office: Four (4) year term.
- Requirements: (1) Must be able to work up to 128 hours per month; and (2) must have the ability and means to attend hearings at various facilities and on all islands on flexible schedule as needed.
- Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline, and qualified applicants will be contacted to be scheduled for an oral interview before a selection panel whose members are chosen according to HRS §353-61. Qualified applicants will also need to provide answers to written questions prior to the oral interview. Upon completion of the oral interview and written examination, the selection panel will select the most qualified applicants to nominate for consideration by the Governor. The Governor will then select three nominees from the list of potential nominees that will be submitted to the Hawaii State Senate for confirmation.
- Position Description and Job Expectations: Applicants are encouraged to review the Position Description and Job Expectations. Qualified applicants will be asked if they understand the scope and nature of the position during the interview. To obtain a copy of the Position Description and Job Expectations go to http://dps.hawaii.gov/hpa/
- Please submit your application and resume online by
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- 1. Go to https://forms.ehawaii.gov/pages/board-survey/
- 2. Click on Department of Public Safety and then select Hawai’i Paroling Authority
- 3. Click on Submit at the bottom of the page
- 4. Fill out application form
- 5. You will be required to provide three references
- Please call (808) 587-1251 if there are any questions.
- (SA1294701 9/10, 9/11, 9/13, 9/14, 9/15, 9/16/20)